Welcome to Wainwright House
David and Shirley offer a warm welcome to Wainwright House, an historic property offering high quality bed and breakfast accommodation in Kendal.
Visitors to Kendal and the Lake District will enjoy our secluded yet convenient location just 10 minutes walk from Kendal Station and 15 minutes from the town centre and will appreciate the history of the house, and its close links with Alfred Wainwright, the famous Lake District fell walker, author and illustrator.
Kendal, the Gateway to the Lakes, is a picturesque town on the Rive Kent. It has a wide range of facilities including many shops, pubs, restaurants and countless indoor and outdoor activities.
Stay at Wainwright House and enjoy ...
- A beautiful secluded location with undulating hill views
- Easy access to Kendal station and town centre
- Ample free parking in our own large car park
- Modern en-suite accommodation comfortably furnished
- Freesat TV in every room
- A choice of our full English breakfast, made from locally sourced ingredients, or continental breakfast
- Large comfortable guest lounge
- Walkers, cyclists and kayakers always welcome
- Secure storage space for bicycles and kayaks
- Free wireless internet access
- Large peaceful garden
- Close to the Dales Way, where we offer lifts to pick up and drop off walkers at the end and start of each day.
We always aim to trade as ethically and in as environmental a manner as possible. For full details see our ethical and environmental trading page.